Health professionals interested in presenting during the NMA Annual Convention and Scientific Assembly are invited to submit abstracts. Abstracts from all medical specialties and disciplines related to topics of health disparities are welcome.
Providing public recognition of exceptional achievement and service within the National Medical Association is an important activity of the Association. Annually, the National Medical Association confers four awards to honor luminaries and those medical societies that have demonstrated exemplary leadership. In addition, we recognize individuals of national and international stature whose efforts significantly benefit health and medicine.
- Value and Quality
- Scholarly Exchange… Plenaries, Joint Sessions, Symposia
- Interaction Across Specialties
- Be Informed… Be Inspired… Be Invigorated
- Continuing Medical Education Credits
- Council on Concerns of Women Physicians… Inspirational Keynote Speaker and Awards Program
- Professional Development
- Meet 40 Under 40 Healthcare Movers and Shakers
- Diversity of Thought, Background, Expertise, & Geography
- Exhibits and Poster Session
- Maintenance of Certification Workshops
- Activities for Individuals, Pairs, Groups, Families and Strangers
- Social Media for the Digitally Challenged & All Others
- House of Delegates (The Legislative Body of NMA)… Be Involved
Residents, fellows, postdoctoral scientists, and early stage investigators interested in academic medicine are encouraged to apply. Award includes participation in a two day academic career development workshop and provides support for travel, hotel, and registration for selected applicants to attend the 2018 NMA Annual Convention and Scientific Assembly. Application deadline is April 15, 2018.