Hotel & Travel
Housing Now Open
The Group rate is $179 plus 12.5% tax for a total of $201.38 per night. A credit card will be taken with all reservations and one night will be charged five days prior to check-in.
For reservations call Rosen at 1-866-996-6338
Rosen Shingle Creek, which opened September 9, 2006, is one of the largest full-service convention hotels in Central Florida. The 255-acre hotel offers 1,501 guest rooms and suites, and 524,000 square feet of dedicated, flexible meeting/event space that includes one of the nation’s largest column-free ballrooms at 95,000 sq. ft. Awarded the AAA Four Diamond designation annually since 2007, the hotel offers an array of amenities such as:
- The Spa at Shingle Creek, a full-service, 13,000-sq.-ft. spa with nine treatment rooms and a state-of-the-art fitness center
- An 18-hole, par 72 championship golf course redesigned by Arnold Palmer Design Company
- Fifteen dining/lounging options
- Four outdoor swimming pools
- Two lighted tennis courts
- Basketball court
- Nature trail and seasonal fishing
- Olympic-regulation sand volleyball court and more
Architecture & Design
Created as an impressive example of the 1900s Spanish Revival style architecture, the hotel’s high-carved arches accented by the natural warm earth tones illustrate the sense of casual elegance and the grace of historic Florida. There are 255-acres of natural environment surround the resort, which includes a backdrop of dense oaks and pines along historic Shingle Creek, the headwaters of the Florida Everglades.
Guided by founder and President Harris Rosen’s high standards of quality and unsurpassed service, a team of experienced professionals fulfills the company’s on-going commitment to guest and associate satisfaction.
- The hotel includes 1,501 smoke-free, over-sized guestrooms (among the largest in Central Florida at 436 gross sq. ft.). And 75 ADA rooms
- 191 Suites: Each guestroom features two phones and is equipped with the latest innovations in technology, including complimentary Wi-Fi and high-speed hardwired internet; 40″ flat screen TVs that include connectivity panels for laptop, iPad, iPod and other devices.
- Each luxurious room features a plush Creek Sleeper Bed. Guestrooms also offer an in-room safe (fits up to 17” lap top), mini refrigerator, plush robe, iron and ironing board, hands-free blow dryer, coffeemaker, I-home radio/docking station.
- The latest RFID technology at Rosen Hotels & Resorts, keeps our guests secure in their rooms.
- Check-in begins at 3pm. Check-out is 11am. Hotel does not charge resort fee.
Dining & Entertainment
- A Land Remembered (AAA Four Diamond)
- Cala Bella (“Beautiful Creek”)– AAA Four Diamond
- Bella’s Bar
- Café Osceola & Osceola Bar
- Mi Casa Tequila Taqueria
- Banrai Sushi
- Tobias Burgers & Brews
- Shingle Creek Clubhouse Grille
- 18 Monroe Street Market
- Smooth Java
- Headwaters Lounge
- Creek Ice Creamery
- Cat-Tails Pool Bar & Grille
- Room Service – 24 hours, full service
Air Travel Discounts
Orlando International Airport (MCO) is served by many domestic carriers with an ever-growing list of non-stop routes. Among them are Delta and United, with whom NMA has arranged programs offering discounted airfares of between 2%-10%.
Delta Air Lines is pleased to offer special discounts for the National Medical Association.
Delta is offering a discount from August 4 – August 23, 2018.
*Please note the following:
- Not all fares are eligible for a discount
- Discounts apply to round trip travel only
- Not valid with other discounts, certificates, coupons or promotional offers
- Fare rules will determine eligibility
You may also call Delta Meeting Network at 1.800.328.1111* Monday–Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (CT) and refer to Meeting Event Code NMRXA. When booking online at www.delta.com/meetings, select “Book Your Flight” and enter your meeting Meeting Event Code in the box provided.
*Please note there is not a service fee for reservations booked and ticketed via Delta’s reservation 800-number.
United is offering a discount from August 5-August 22, 2018.
UNITED BOOKING CLASS – PERCENTAGE DISCOUNT
F/J/Y – 10%
C/A/B/M/E/U/H – 5%
D/Z/P/Q/V/W/S/T/L/K/G – 2%
Please note that no discount will be allowed on N booking class on all Basic Economy fares.
Use the following codes: Agreement Code: 148464; Z Code: ZF39
Online: www.united.com; click on “All Search Options” and insert Discount Code ZF39148464 in the Offer Code box (scroll down) when searching for your flights.
By Phone: United Airlines Reservations Call Desk
Call United Airlines at 1-800-426-1122, Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. CDT. Please refer to the meeting agreement and Z codes provided above. For all tickets issued through the United Meetings Reservations Desk, there will be a booking service fee per ticket collected. This fee is subject to change without notice. It is non-refundable and applies to all itineraries, one-way or round trip.
Travel agent information:
If you book through your travel agent, they should email United Meetings Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org, and must use the Agreement Code and Z Code listed above, along with the valid travel dates.
Orlando is served by other airlines, including American, Jet Blue and Southwest. However, NMA does not have a discounted fare agreement with these carriers.
The Orlando International Airport (MCO) is located at 1 Jeff Fuqua Boulevard, Orlando, Florida. It is approximately 11 miles from the Rosen Shingle Creek, located at 9939 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, Florida 3819.
Enjoy a 15% discount on select round trip SuperShuttle and ExecuCar service.
Taxi service is available to the Rosen Shingle Creek. The fare is approximately $33–$35 one way, and the estimated time to the hotel is 20–30 minutes, depending on traffic. Pick-up is on the second level of the airport, from both the A& B sides.
Ace Metro, one of the oldest and largest cab companies in Orlando, serves both the Orlando International Airport as well as the Orlando Metro Area. Vehicles are metered; all major credit cards are accepted. Ace Metro can be reached at 407-855-1111; live dispatch 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Uber and Lyft also operate out of Orlando International Airport.