Hotel & Travel
NOTE: The Rosen Shingle Creek is completely sold out on Saturday, August 11th. However, we encourage you to still call the Rosen Shingle Creek at 1-866-996-6338 regarding room availability and/or make your reservation. Remember to always identify yourself as a NMA convention attendee. If space is not available, you have the option of booking your housing at the Rosen Center – our overflow hotel. Rosen Center is located approximately an 8 minute drive from the Rosen Shingle Creek. For your convenience, NMA will provide schedule service between the two hotels.
NMA Convention Attendees: You should not book hotel rooms from any unknown company claiming to be the official housing agent of the National Medical Association. Reservations should be made directly with the Rosen Shingle Creek or Ms. Lois Miller and Ms. Lois Blankstein. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the NMA office at 1-800-NMA-0554 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Group rate is $179 plus 12.5% tax for a total of $201.38 per night. A credit card will be taken with all reservations and one night will be charged five days prior to check-in.
For reservations call Rosen at 1-866-996-6338
Rosen Shingle Creek, which opened September 9, 2006, is one of the largest full-service convention hotels in Central Florida. The 255-acre hotel offers 1,501 guest rooms and suites, and 524,000 square feet of dedicated, flexible meeting/event space that includes one of the nation’s largest column-free ballrooms at 95,000 sq. ft. Awarded the AAA Four Diamond designation annually since 2007, the hotel offers an array of amenities such as:
- The Spa at Shingle Creek, a full-service, 13,000-sq.-ft. spa with nine treatment rooms and a state-of-the-art fitness center
- An 18-hole, par 72 championship golf course redesigned by Arnold Palmer Design Company
- Fifteen dining/lounging options
- Four outdoor swimming pools
- Two lighted tennis courts
- Basketball court
- Nature trail and seasonal fishing
- Olympic-regulation sand volleyball court and more
Architecture & Design
Created as an impressive example of the 1900s Spanish Revival style architecture, the hotel’s high-carved arches accented by the natural warm earth tones illustrate the sense of casual elegance and the grace of historic Florida. There are 255-acres of natural environment surround the resort, which includes a backdrop of dense oaks and pines along historic Shingle Creek, the headwaters of the Florida Everglades.
Guided by founder and President Harris Rosen’s high standards of quality and unsurpassed service, a team of experienced professionals fulfills the company’s on-going commitment to guest and associate satisfaction.
- The hotel includes 1,501 smoke-free, over-sized guestrooms (among the largest in Central Florida at 436 gross sq. ft.). And 75 ADA rooms
- 191 Suites: Each guestroom features two phones and is equipped with the latest innovations in technology, including complimentary Wi-Fi and high-speed hardwired internet; 40″ flat screen TVs that include connectivity panels for laptop, iPad, iPod and other devices.
- Each luxurious room features a plush Creek Sleeper Bed. Guestrooms also offer an in-room safe (fits up to 17” lap top), mini refrigerator, plush robe, iron and ironing board, hands-free blow dryer, coffeemaker, I-home radio/docking station.
- The latest RFID technology at Rosen Hotels & Resorts, keeps our guests secure in their rooms.
- Check-in begins at 3pm. Check-out is 11am. Hotel does not charge resort fee.
Dining & Entertainment
- A Land Remembered (AAA Four Diamond)
- Cala Bella (“Beautiful Creek”)– AAA Four Diamond
- Bella’s Bar
- Café Osceola & Osceola Bar
- Mi Casa Tequila Taqueria
- Banrai Sushi
- Tobias Burgers & Brews
- Shingle Creek Clubhouse Grille
- 18 Monroe Street Market
- Smooth Java
- Headwaters Lounge
- Creek Ice Creamery
- Cat-Tails Pool Bar & Grille
- Room Service – 24 hours, full service
Air Travel Discounts
Orlando International Airport (MCO) is served by many domestic carriers with an ever-growing list of non-stop routes. Among them are Delta and United, with whom NMA has arranged programs offering discounted airfares of between 2%-10%.
Delta Air Lines is pleased to offer special discounts for the National Medical Association.
Delta is offering a discount from August 4 – August 23, 2018.
*Please note the following:
- Not all fares are eligible for a discount
- Discounts apply to round trip travel only
- Not valid with other discounts, certificates, coupons or promotional offers
- Fare rules will determine eligibility
You may also call Delta Meeting Network at 1.800.328.1111* Monday–Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (CT) and refer to Meeting Event Code NMRXA. When booking online at www.delta.com/meetings, select “Book Your Flight” and enter your meeting Meeting Event Code in the box provided.
*Please note there is not a service fee for reservations booked and ticketed via Delta’s reservation 800-number.
United is offering a discount from August 5-August 22, 2018.
UNITED BOOKING CLASS – PERCENTAGE DISCOUNT
F/J/Y – 10%
C/A/B/M/E/U/H – 5%
D/Z/P/Q/V/W/S/T/L/K/G – 2%
Please note that no discount will be allowed on N booking class on all Basic Economy fares.
Use the following codes: Agreement Code: 148464; Z Code: ZF39
Online: www.united.com; click on “All Search Options” and insert Discount Code ZF39148464 in the Offer Code box (scroll down) when searching for your flights.
By Phone: United Airlines Reservations Call Desk
Call United Airlines at 1-800-426-1122, Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. CDT. Please refer to the meeting agreement and Z codes provided above. For all tickets issued through the United Meetings Reservations Desk, there will be a booking service fee per ticket collected. This fee is subject to change without notice. It is non-refundable and applies to all itineraries, one-way or round trip.
Travel agent information:
If you book through your travel agent, they should email United Meetings Administration at email@example.com, and must use the Agreement Code and Z Code listed above, along with the valid travel dates.
Orlando is served by other airlines, including American, Jet Blue and Southwest. However, NMA does not have a discounted fare agreement with these carriers.
The Orlando International Airport (MCO) is located at 1 Jeff Fuqua Boulevard, Orlando, Florida. It is approximately 11 miles from the Rosen Shingle Creek, located at 9939 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, Florida 3819.
Enjoy a 15% discount on select round trip SuperShuttle and ExecuCar service.
Taxi service is available to the Rosen Shingle Creek. The fare is approximately $33–$35 one way, and the estimated time to the hotel is 20–30 minutes, depending on traffic. Pick-up is on the second level of the airport, from both the A& B sides.
Ace Metro, one of the oldest and largest cab companies in Orlando, serves both the Orlando International Airport as well as the Orlando Metro Area. Vehicles are metered; all major credit cards are accepted. Ace Metro can be reached at 407-855-1111; live dispatch 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Uber and Lyft also operate out of Orlando International Airport.