Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Virtual Conference and what should I expect from the Virtual Conference?
A virtual conference is an interactive online event that has the same goals of a physical conference to deliver quality educational content and networking opportunities. NMA has always sought new and innovative ways of communicating with its members and began holding monthly virtual town hall meetings over 20 years ago. The NMA’s 2020 Virtual Convention and Scientific Assembly is no exception and will provide excellent live and pre-recorded CME educational content and Presentation Theaters, networking, and some other surprise events.
Over the coming weeks, we’ll be sharing examples and visuals to help paint a picture of a virtual event, however, you can look forward to:
- Opening and Spotlight on our Awardees and Scholarship Winners and Keynote Address
- Saturday: The Plenary session
- Sunday: Edward C. Mazique Symposium
- Virtual concurrent educational sessions across multi specialties and topics
- Afternoon Keynote Address
- Presentation Theaters
- House of Delegates Meeting
- Sunday Morning Inspiration and Prayer and Wellness Session for participants
- President Installation Ceremony
- We will also kick off the celebration of our year-long 125th Anniversary celebration.
When will convention take place, what time of day and in when will this happen?
Virtual Conference Dates:
- Friday, July 31: 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
- Saturday, August 1: 9:00 am–8:00 pm
- Sunday, August 2: 10:30 am–8:00 pm
- Monday, August 3: 9:00 am–8:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 4: 9:00 am–8:00 pm
Time Zone: All session times listed in the program
are in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Do I need to register for the virtual convention?
Registration Opening, Closing and Fees
Registration is OPEN for individuals that are not currently registered for NMA 2020 Virtual.
- Members: $75.00
- Non-Members: $695
- Students, Residents and Emeritus: Free
CME Credits and Certificate Fee: $125 (This amount is in addition to your Access Fee.)
Will there be concurrent sessions during the virtual meeting?
Yes. We have 26 Scientific Sections and as a result most sessions will run concurrently.
Will sessions be available on demand
Individual sessions will be available for viewing at your convenience through December 31, 2020.
Will I still earn CME credits for the virtual meeting?
Yes, CME will still be available just as it would at our in-person convention. Please note there is an additional fee for obtaining your CME credits commensurate with your actual participation in the virtual education content. Please see registration information for additional details and rates.
Will there be a full digital program?
When the full schedule has been completed it will be available on our convention website. We are still making adjustments to the schedule in an attempt to provide you with an excellent and interactive virtual experience.
Can I engage with other attendees during the conference?
Yes, there will be opportunities available. Additional details are forthcoming.
Will the sessions be pre-recorded or live and available for viewing post-convention?
We are planning a mix of live and pre-recorded content as well as the ability to interact with speakers for Q&A, even with pre-recorded content. Sessions will remain available on-demand until December 31, 2020 allowing you the flexibility to access them at your convenience.
House of Delegates (HOD): How will we conduct the House business?
The House will meet on Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday. The full schedule is available.
Will I need special computer equipment, software or training to participate in the virtual conference?
You will need a computer, internet connection, and email. No additional technologies or equipment are needed to participate in NMA 2020 Virtual.
Exhibitors and Sponsors. What does this new format mean for you?
Ms. Kathleen Lawrence from A. Fassano & Company will send out a communication under separate cover.
All individual hotel reservations booked at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta will be cancelled automatically without penalty. However, registrants who booked housing through other sources or at other hotels are responsible for cancelling their own reservations.
If I have additional questions…?
- Media, please contact Michael Peery: email@example.com
- Social Media:
- Questions from exhibitors
or sponsors, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or 856-302-0893.
- House of Delegates:
- Registration: email@example.com or call 866-210-5133
- Educational sessions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other questions, please contact email@example.com. NMA staff are available to answer your questions and help in any way we can.